After two-and-a-half years of experimenting with grain-free pancakes (almond flour, coconut flour etc) my friend Morgan introduced me to the simplicity of the 2-ingredient pancake, and if I haven't properly thanked her before, then I'll say to her now, "Morgs, you are a dreamboat." No disrespect to those other pancakes—they're delicious, and I'll be posting about them down the road—but when you're looking for something quick and nourishing (and indulgent without the guilt) these babies can't be beat.
- 1 Banana
- 2 Eggs
- To spice things up you can add a dash of cinnamon, raw cacao powder or both
- Throw the banana and eggs (and spices if desired) in your blender and blend on high until frothy.
- Add a little organic, unrefined coconut oil to a non-stick pan on medium heat
- Pour a tablespoon of batter for each pancake and let sizzle for about a minute or until the edges start to brown. Flip and repeat.
- Serve with a handful of fresh berries, some toasted nuts (or nut butter), a shake of cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup
Serves 2 (or 1 if you feel like it... remember, no guilt!)